As the year comes to a close, I am reminded of these thoughts:
- Life is made up of moments. So enjoy the moments.
- “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.” Annie Dillard
- Leadership is not a position or title, but a relationship.
- In the end, it is our relationships that matter most.
- We don’t take our “stuff” with us. We take our memories.
- “The Good Life is living in the place you belong, with the people you love, doing the right work, on purpose.” Richard Leider
In college, I was a Dan Fogelberg groupie. I had every “album” he made and I knew most of his songs by heart. The one they play at this time of year “Same Old Lang Syne” brings back so many memories. While I thought the song was autobiographical, I was not sure. So I did some research. You can learn the back story to this song here and here.
Happy New Year. My wish is that 2020 enriches your life in ways you might not even know possible at this time.